Sunday, June 13, 2010

School Year Wrap-Up




Well, we have 4 days of school left. 4 days of Kindergarten.




It seems like just yesterday, all us Kinderparents were sitting together in the multi-purpose room listening to what would be expected of our then preschoolers. None of us seemed to know each other. I was so worried about how many trantrums my 5 year old would have, how we would get homework done with his lack of focus and would I remember to keep his uniform clean and ready to go each day?




I was not only focused on the transition to Kindergarten, but my future transition into a SAHM.




Fast forward to the present. I have made friends with many Kinderparents. I was able to volunteer way more than I could have ever done as a working mom.




My son has not (as to date) had tantrums, received a citation, or recommendation for military school. He has become a math whiz of sorts. HE CAN READ. He has made so many friends that seem to accept his bossiness, um, leadership. We walk to school and there are children hanging out of their car windows screaming his name to say hello.




Homework has not been an easy task, but we've done it and turned it in on time! Yes, I said we. I think I should get an A for the amount of times I have said, "Focus!" and "Pick up your pencil from the floor."




As this school year ends, I am so grateful for his amazing teacher, who is retiring this year. I couldn't have picked a more patient, fun and just amazing teacher for him. I am already missing her!




Goodbye Kindergarten, hello First Grade!

No comments: