- Had 2 out of 3 of my babies
- Quit teaching and became a SAHM
- Made many new friends and my village grew
- Cancer was brought into our lives in many ways, some horrible, some victorious and always never giving up
- Continued to grow in what I love to do most- being creative
- Grew leaps and bounds in my marriage
- Learned more about my personality and what brings me comfort, happiness and contentment
- Learned that I can't carry every burden on my own and that I need something bigger than myself to guide me
There are so many, many more that I can't even begin to think about!
Exactly a year ago, tomorrow, I began my journey to complete 40 Things Before 40 http://mamabirdy-happinessishomemade.blogspot.com/2014/07/40-before-40.html
Somewhere around May, I realized that I needed to stop worrying so much about completing every task. My life is busy! I have 3 little boys that need me and a husband, as well. We were knee-deep in baseball season and so much of our time was spent cheering on our oldest son.
I had to make peace with myself that I would not complete everything before July 2, 2015. This has been hard for me because I am a finisher! I have decided to continue these challenges through my 40th year and see where it lands me this time next year. Several of the items I am currently working on, such as visiting the Sawdust Festival over the next few days and completing a Good Morning Girls Study. Some take time, but I know I can do this!
So, out of 40 personal challenges, I have completed....
19 out of 40!
I have had so much support from family and friends that have tried to help me get through my list. I appreciate it so much!
I am happy with where I am and I am looking forward to crossing off more items in the near future!