Thursday, July 10, 2014

40 Before 40

On July 2nd, I turned 39 years old.


On my birthday at the San Diego Botanical Gardens



With that, I was inspired my crafty friend, Cindy of My Creative Life and how she celebrated her 40th year.  She did so by trying 40 things she had never done before.  With some helpful tips from Cindy, I started formulating my own list of 40 things I would like to do before I turn 40 next year.  My list is more of things I have always wanted to or have done and want to do again, in a different way.  I am such a black or white person that this list will also be an exercise in flexibility for me.  I made the list with the knowledge I may not be able to complete these items.  Or maybe I will get bored with them and want to make a new list.  Also, life happens and there might be some roadblocks that prevent me from doing certain things.  I am giving myself permission to do what it takes to not stress about this list.  It's just for fun and breaking out of the box creatively and physically.

40 Before 40


  • Cook or bake with lavender (Completed 1/17/15)
  • Complete the Couch to 10K program
  • Take a road trip to Phoenix (Completed 1/2/15)
  • Write blog post #100 (Completed 2/18/15)
  • Start a Facebook Group for my crafty friends (Completed 11/19/14)
  • Go on a personal one month spending freeze
  • Ride my new bike at the beach (Completed 4/7/15)
  • Read "The Purpose Driven Life"
  • Make an unusual ice cream flavor from "The Ice Cream Bible"(Completed 3/13/15)
  • Climb Mt. Rubidoux
  • Do a Whole 30 plan for one month
  • Make Sangria (Completed 6/27/15)
  • Go on a Facebook "sabbatical" (Completed Sept. 1-30)
  • Try a completely new-to-me craft (Completed 2/7/15)
  • Visit Torrey Pines
  • Visit Crystal Cove State Park
  • Read and learn how to use my Canon Rebel settings
  • Read a book from each category that we are using for our home summer reading program
  • Choose a month and complete a "Photo a Day" challenge. (Completed 4/30/15)
  • Try oil pulling  (Completed 6/3/15)
  • Take a class or attend an event at The Makery (Completed 2/15/15)
  • Get makeup professionally applied
  • Visit Whimzy (Completed 5/17/15)
  • Eat at Seabirds brick and mortar location ( Completed 7/25/14)
  • Make a homemade pie crust
  • Participate in Operation Beautiful
  • Try Buddha Hand  (Revised and Completed 3/31/15)
  • Make homemade mole
  • Make homemade jam
  • Make and try Fried Dill Pickles
  • Attend the Sawdust Festival
  • Get a henna design on my foot/feet for the summer  (Completed 6/23/15)
  • Sew a dress for Scarlett (Completed 9/26/14)
  • Visit a tea house  (Completed 5/29/15)
  • Make homemade tortillas
  • Visit the L.A. Fashion District
  • Try out a new haircolor for a day or two (Completed 5/17/15)
  • Take a selfie a day for a month
  • Watch 10 movies from AFI's 100 Greatest Movies of All Times (movies chosen randomly by others)
  • Participate in a Good Morning Girls Study

So there you have it, my list.  I am excited to get started and take family and maybe some friends along for the ride!




1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

Great list! There are some things on there I'd love to try. I'll have to add them to my next list! Looking forward to reading about how it all goes. Good luck and have fun!