Tuesday, June 25, 2013

OLW 2013


Now that school is out and the little league season is over, I feel like I can devote more time to my own projects.  One of these is Ali Edward's One Little Word.  
This year was my first year participating in this yearlong project.  Although I just recently started the creative, hands-on portion of the class, my word has been on my mind all year long.
My word for the year is, "TODAY."  I chose this word because I have been working with myself on staying in the moment, being present.  I have an issue with worrying or creating anxiety for what may or may not happen in the near or distant future, forgetting what is happening today and just right now.  I am a worse-case-scenario kind of gal.  I don't like it!  So I just visualize or say the word, today, to myself and it brings me back into the now.
I look forward to the creative part of this class.  I have already created 12 intentions for the year and plan on working on a vision board for my next project.
Do you have One Little Word for this year?  I would love to hear what it is!

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

That is a GREAT choice! I just listened to episode 164 of Paperclipping Roundtable and it brought home the importance of 'today' in a way that blew my mind, so this blog post is well-timed!

My OLW for 2013 is Try.

Tanya Napier said...

Thanks for sharing that episode. I will need to go back and take a listen.
Try is a really good one, too. Wow, the possibilities!