Sunday, September 19, 2010

Growing a Baby

As previously posted, I am in fact, growing another child. I am entering my 13Th week today. I am also hopefully entering the second trimester with that supposed relief from all day sickness and the burst of energy that comes with it. I'm waiting....

If you know me, you know in my mind I wasn't done with 2. My hubs was. I was turning 35 and time was ticking. I know women have children much later, but I am not that woman. So, when a few weeks after my birthday I had an inkling I might be with child, I was scared. I knew that I had wished for another, but this was a real possibility. This was a surprise to us, I mean as much as it can be (no TMI here). I kept telling my hubs that I think I am, I think I am. And then I waited and waited to take a test. Torture for him.

So when it was positive, I wasn't surprised. Just, once again scared. Until I read a post somewhere about a similar situation. A woman talked about her experience and it spoke to me. She talked about looking at her newborn and knowing that someone, somewhere knew that the time was right for this baby to be conceived. Even though at the time, the parents were newly married and still working out the beginnings of marriage. There was a reason. I know this is true for us too.

I think as soon as this morning sickness passes (worst I've EVER had!!!) I can really wrap my head around this. I mean, we found out, moved and I got sick all in the same time frame. Yesterday I started working on a pregnancy scrapbook and peeked at maternity clothes online (I'm already showing). I think it's starting to sink in and I think, no I know, I can't wait to meet this little guy or gal. Think Pink.

No comments: