Saturday, February 14, 2015

Wave Your Flag

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends!

I hope you can find something in this day to make your heart happy.  Whether it be spending it with a special person, doing something crafty or eating chocolate (my plan- chocolate covered strawberries!), Enjoy!

I made this flag to celebrate Valentine's Day at our home.  It is completely Pinterest inspired, but my hands made it (Right?!?).  It was fun and quick- a couple hours total.

http://www.thevspotblog.com/2013/02/a-cute-diy-garden-flag-just-in-time-for.html

Grumpy model on the way to the preschool Valentine party

Happy model photo bombing my shot.

Proud of my curves!

I used a zig-zag stitch on the side, straight stitch on the top.


The two obstacles I faced while working on this project were my bobbin being difficult and the burlap type.  My bobbin was getting stuck over and over again.  I'm not sure what was happening, but it definitely increased my time spent on this project.  I plan on looking into this and I'm thinking the machine needs a good ol' fashioned cleaning and oiling up.

As far as the burlap goes, I am always trying to save money with my crafting projects.   A roll of burlap at Michaels was about $10, but a roll of burlap with laminated backing was only about $3.  I couldn't iron the burlap with the backing on it, so I had to wait for it to flatten under a pile of books before I worked with it due to the fact it was rolling up.  Once that was fixed, it was fine to work with. Lesson learned!

I may create another flag soon with a baseball theme, since it's almost that time again!

No comments: